Enrollment Resources (Ohio)

Home / Enrollment Resources (Ohio)


In addition to the registration forms, certain documentation is required to enroll in Ohio public schools.

Documents required to register new students:

  • Proof of identity for the student
  • Proof of residency for the family
  • Parent/Legal Guardian photo identification
  • Immunization/Vaccine/Shot records
  • Additional documentation may be required based on your child/family. Examples: Proof of Custody, IEP, 504, Medications, etc.


Proof of Identity. Please provide one of the following documents that proves the identity of the student:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Passport
  • Attested/certified transcript of hospital record showing the date and place of birth
  • Birth Affidavit


Proof of Residency. Please provide documentation that proves the residency of the student and his/her primary parent/legal guardian.

When the child lives with the legal guardian and the proof of residency documentation is in the legal guardian’s name any one of these documents is accepted. If you are unable to provide any of the below documents, contact the school office for additional options.

  • Utility Bill (electric, gas, water, or sewer); Resident name and property address must appear on the bill; Must be dated within 90 days of enrollment
  • Mortgage Statement; Resident name and property address must appear on the statement; Must be dated within 90 days of enrollment
  • Lease or Rental Agreement that specifies start and end date of the agreement; must be dated and include names and signatures of the lessee and the lessor
  • Original Mortgage/Closing Paperwork such as the Housing & Urban Development (HUD) Statement; Resident name and property address must appear on the statement

When the child and legal guardian reside with a friend or relative, OR When the child lives in a residence other than with the legal guardian, OR When the independent student (age 18+) resides with a friend or relative, two documents are required:

  • An Affidavit of Residency OH must be completed in the presence of a Notary Public. The Notary Public must sign and seal the affidavit within 30 days of the registration forms being submitted, and the original, hard copy affidavit must be submitted to the school office.
  • Proof of Residence document in the Lessor/Property Owner’s name—see the Affidavit of Residency Form for details.


Immunization/Vaccine/Shot Records. The State of Ohio requires students enrolled in child care & schools to provide proof of vaccination. If your child needs vaccines to meet these requirements, visit your family physician, clinic, or contact your county’s health department.  Families who seek exemption from these requirements may submit the State of Ohio Immunization Waiver in place of immunization records to continue enrollment.


Medical Authorization Forms. If your child needs special accommodations at school due to allergies, medications, etc. Please provide the appropriate documentation signed by your child’s doctor: