Enrollment Resources (Ohio)
In addition to the registration forms, certain documentation is required for enrollment. Documents can be submitted by uploading them in your school’s enrollment portal account, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org, texting securely to 216-208-5052, or submitting them in person.
1) Proof of Student Identity & Guardianship:
Copy of your child’s birth certificate (official or hospital-issued) showing the child’s legal name, place and date of birth, and legal guardian(s). If the birth certificate is not available, your alternate option is a combination of Proof of Guardianship (court documentation) and Proof of Identity (child’s passport or birth affidavit).
2) Proof of Residency: Documentation that proves the residency of the student and his/her primary parent/legal guardian.
When the child lives with the legal guardian and the proof of residency documentation is in the legal guardian’s name any one of these documents is accepted. If you are unable to provide any of the below documents, contact the school office.
- Utility Bill (electric, gas, water, or sewer); Resident name and property address must appear on the bill; Must be dated within 90 days of enrollment. Please note that disconnect notices, final bill statements, and billing envelopes are not accepted.
- Mortgage Statement; Resident name and property address must appear on the statement; Must be dated within 90 days of enrollment.
- Lease or Rental Agreement that specifies start and end date of the agreement; must be dated and include names and signatures of the lessee and the lessor (typically this if the first and last pages of the agreement).
- Original Mortgage/Closing Paperwork such as the Housing & Urban Development (HUD) Statement; Resident name and property address must appear on the statement.
- Pay Stub that includes employer name and address; also, must have guardians name, address and be dated.
- Bank Statement; must show Legal Guardian’s name, current physical address and be dated within 90 days
- Active Military Orders; must show Legal Guardian’s name and current physical address
When the child and legal guardian reside with a friend or relative, OR When the child lives in a residence other than with the legal guardian, OR When the independent student (age 18+) resides with a friend or relative, two documents are required:
- An Affidavit of Residency (PDF) must be completed in the presence of a Notary Public. The Notary Public must sign and seal the affidavit within 30 days of the registration forms being submitted, and the original, hard copy affidavit must be submitted.
- Proof of Residence document in the Lessor/Property Owner’s name—see the Affidavit of Residency Form for details.
3) Parent/Legal Guardian photo identification. Copy of the parent/legal guardian’s driver’s license, passport, or any state or federal-issued photo ID.
4) Immunization/Vaccine/Shot Records (Required within 14 days of student’s first day of school): The State of Ohio requires students enrolled in child care & schools to provide proof of vaccination. If your child needs vaccines to meet these requirements, visit your family physician, clinic, or contact your county’s health department. Families who seek exemption from these requirements may submit the State of Ohio Immunization Waiver (PDF) in place of immunization records to continue enrollment.
5) Additional Educational Documentation (if applicable). In order to ensure the smoothest transition into our school, prior to your student’s start date please submit any additional applicable documents such as:
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Evaluation Team Report (ETR)
- Multifactored Evaluation (MFE)
- Behavioral Intervention Plan (BIP)
- 504 Plan
- English Language Support Services (ELL/ESL)
- High School Transcripts
6) Medical Authorization Forms (if applicable). If your child needs special accommodations at school due to allergies, medications, etc, please click the link below to download the applicable document(s) to have your child’s physician complete/sign. For the safety of your child, these documents must be submitted prior to your student’s start date.