Enrollment Resources (Michigan)
In addition to the registration forms, certain documentation is required for enrollment. Documents can be submitted by uploading them in your school’s enrollment portal account, emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org, texting securely to 216-208-5052, or submitting them in person.
• Birth Certificate for the student.
• Parent/Legal Guardian photo identification.
• Immunization/Vaccine/Shot Records. The State of Michigan requires students enrolled in child care & schools to provide proof of vaccination. If your child needs vaccines to meet these requirements, visit your family physician, clinic, or contact your county’s health department. Families who seek exemption from these requirements may follow these instructions for requesting a Non-medical Waiver Form in place of immunization records to continue enrollment.
• Hearing & Vision Screening. The State of Michigan requires Kindergarten students to complete Hearing and Vision screening prior to Kindergarten entry. These screenings are free to parents and can be scheduled through your local health department. Once attending public school in Michigan, students will continue to be screened up through 9th grade. Get more information at michigan.gov and to locate your Local Health Department.
• Early Kindergarten Entrance Only: Kinder Waiver of Eligibility Requirement (if turning 5 years old between September 1-December 1 of the school year)
• Medical Authorization Forms. If your child needs special accommodations at school due to allergies, medications, etc. Please provide the appropriate documentation signed by your child’s doctor:
- Permission Form for Prescribed Medication (during school hours)
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Emergency Care Plan
- School-Based Asthma Management Plan
- Daily Management Plan (fill in EPI pen or Asthma Inhaler as medicine if needed)
- School-Based Care Plan for the Student with Diabetes
- Medical Statement to Request Special Meals and/or Accommodations